Budget & Finance
(21SPDAY [Spring 2021])
**In light of COVID-19 and the SNHU Main Campus operating remotely, we have had to make a few temporary changes to the services Student Government's Budget and Finance Committee provides. To present in front of the Budget and Finance committee the link is at the bottom of this page. Please review the information below before placing your request. If you have questions please email our VP of Budget and Finance Ricky Pulisciano or visit us during our virtual office hours. The link to our virtual office hours can be found on our home page. Thank you!**
Each year the Southern New Hampshire University Student Government Association manages over one million dollars in Student Activity Fee funds collected each semester from undergraduate students at Southern New Hampshire University. Operating as an independent 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization, the Student Government Association distributes these funds to over 60 student-run clubs and organizations on campus. These funds can be used for general funding, special events, and conferences.
The mission of the Student Government Association Budget and Finance Committee is to provide clubs and organizations across the Southern New Hampshire University community with the tools and resources necessary to allow them to flourish.
The Budget and Finance Committee hears three different types of request from clubs and organizations:
Additional Allocation Requests: An additional allocation is a way for clubs to increase their club budgets, which will provide opportunities for clubs to offer more events and programs, as well as boost member development and retention for their own organizations.
- During the 21SPDAY (Spring 2021) semester, due to COVID-19 club budgets were slightly modified. Clubs received 25% of their normal budget. Clubs can request a 5% additional allocation if they have spent all of their funds that were provided. SGA reserves the right to see what the funds were spent on before approving a 5% increase.
- As normal additional allocations will require a presentation in front of the Budget and Finance Committee. This semester those meetings will take place on RingCentral. The link will be sent to those who are presenting in front of the committee no later than the Friday before they present.
Conference Funds Requests: A conference request gives clubs the ability to attend a conference to network, gain professional experiences, and bring valuable information back to campus.
- During the 21SPDAY (Spring 2021) semester, due to COVID-19, SNHU's travel ban, and SNHU's in-person meeting policies being temporarily adjusted. Conferences must be virtual in order for clubs to attend. OSI is not requiring clubs to meet with an OSI staff member before coming to SGA as conferences will not require travel and food arrangements.
- Virtual Conferences will have a limit of $200.00 dollars per person and $1,000 dollars per organization for the semester.
- As normal conference requests will require a presentation in front of the Budget and Finance Committee. This semester those meetings will take place on RingCentral. The link will be sent to those who are presenting in front of the committee no later than the Friday before they present.
Capital Funds Requests: A capital request is utilized when clubs need expensive items that will last for multiple years.
- Capital Funds Requests are not being heard at this time. If something is urgent Tarnya Carrier SGA's Business Analyst will meet with clubs one on one to determine the correct course of action.
All presentations before the Budget and Finance Committee are business professionals.
The required materials for each request presentation are listed on their respective forms to the left of this page.
Requests are not guarantees for funding. The Budget and Finance Committee works with limited amounts of money and fulfills club requests based on a first-come, first-served basis.
Would you like to request funding from the Budget and Finance Committee?
Please review the deadlines in the calendar of the Budget and Finance Committee. Meeting dates
and deadlines to submit requests and materials can be found there.