Running for Student Government
Student Government elections are held in the Spring and Fall of each year. These officers serve on a one-year term or until the full senate election in the spring (whichever comes first).
To qualify to run in the elections, a student must fill out the application and come to the following meetings listed below in Step 4.
Come visit the Student Government Office, contact us by email, contact us by phone 603-645-9694, Twitter, or Facebook.
Time Requirements for the Position:
- View a full list of important dates below:
- Being available for Senate Meetings held every other Tuesday at 5 pm-7 pm held in Green Center 102A.
- Being available to serve on committees, one held on the opposite Tuesday of Senate meetings at 5:00 p.m - 7:00 p.m, and one that meets depending on availability.
- Being available to assist with events and projects on campus during the academic year.
- Being available to attend retreats and events as scheduled (with proper notice).
Current Open Positions:
Review the Constitution.
Review the Student Government Constitution to ensure you are eligible to seek election and that you understand the election process and the responsibilities held by each position. This includes GPA requirements (2.5 for Senators, 2.75 for Executive Board Members/graduate students), judicial history, full-time students, and all students who have paid their student activity fee.
Complete the Written Application.
This application should take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. Please be advised that you will be asked to submit information about your campus involvement and why you are fit to represent the student body. The information entered will be used for official election documents and may be posted both online and around campus.
The application will open on 1/17/2022
Mark your calendar.
In addition to the application, we want to ensure that candidates are aware of mandatory meetings/events they will be required to attend as part of the application process and if elected. These are as follows:
* All Times are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Monday 1/17/2022 Applications Open [Online]
Friday 1/21/2022: Applications Due at 12:00 pm (Noon Time) [Online]
Monday 1/24/2022: Candidate Meeting at 5 pm [SC-Corcoran Conference Room]
Tuesday 1/25/2022: New Member Orientation [Green Center - Suite 102A]